OBREAL Global, together with CSUCA, presidents of the Central America Chapter, have organised a workshop on institutional management of collaborative online international learning in Central America.
The workshop aims to sensitise and train university managers in the design and operation of a programme for Collaborative Online international learning, COIL, from the perspective of institutional policies of internationalisation of HEIs and with a focus on the process of internationalisation of the curriculum.
This workshop is divided into two asynchronous sessions, the first one taking place from 13-16 September and the second one from 21-28 September. In addition to the asynchronous sessions, the workshop consists of two synchronous sessions, the first on 20 September and the second on 4 October.
In the first synchronous session, the following topics will be discussed:
- Context and institutional roles of internationalisation in higher education.
- Institutional management of the internationalisation of the curriculum; actors, roles and profiles.
- Transversality of the processes of internationalisation of the curriculum.
- Online internationalisation.
The second part of the course will focus on:
- Basic concepts of COIL.
- Programme, general contents and modality of a COIL workshop.
- Digital resources available: Platform, OER, Web 2.0.