The second week of OBREAL Global in Focus 2021 begins with the public launch of the HERE -SA (Higher Education Reform Experts – South Africa) project.
This EU co-founded CBHE project is led by THENSA and OBREAL Global.
On Tuesday 16 March 2021 we will hold the first public event of the project and will feature the following panellists:
- Welcome and Introduction
- Anshu Padayachee,THENSA (South Africa)
- Ramon Torrent, OBREAL Global (Spain)
- Panel Discussion 1: EU – Africa Cooperation For Higher Education Reform: Building Capacities And Sharing Experiences.
- The Experience of the Higher Education Reform Experts Network – Anila Troshani, Executive Agency for Education, Audiovisual and Culture, European Commission
- The impact of the HERE in Egypt– Youhansen Eid, NAQAAE/HERE (Egypt)
- Contributing to the AFRICA-EU dialogue and capacity building: The HERE-Network and continental initiatives – Michael Gaebel, Higher Education Policy Unit, European University Association -EUA-, (Brussels)
- Chair: Nicolas Patrici, OBREAL Global (Spain)
- Panel Discussion 2: HERE-SA as a tool to re-conceive South African higher education in the 4IR and a post-pandemic world A discussion with leadership from South African partner universities, South African policymakers and EU partners
- Heidi Bolton, South African Qualifications Authority -SAQA- (South Africa)
- Judy Peter, Cape Penninsula University of Technolofy -CPUT-, (South Africa)
- Kirsi Viskari, Tampere University of Applied Science -TAMK-, (Finland)
- Vathi Papu-Zamxaka, Tshwane University of Technology – TUT- (South Africa)
- Chair: Sershen Naidoo, THENSA and HERE-SA (South Africa)
Check out all the information on this event and the rest of OBREAL Global in Focus 2021 activities at: https://obrealglobalinfocus.obsglob.org/en/obreal-global-in-focus-2021/