Fourth session of the webinar series The Africa-EU Summit and the Higher Education Sector: Implications, opportunities and next steps.
We would like to invite you to the fourth session of the webinar series The Africa-EU Summit and the Higher Education Sector: Implications, opportunities and next steps.
University research for innovation, resilience and poverty reduction
Find out all the information and register here: https://obsglob.org/africaeusummitandhighereducation
Throughout the webinar series, English-French-Portuguese interpretation will be provided by the #HAQAA2 Initiative. Funded by the EU in support of the Africa-EU Strategic Partnership.
This webinar will examine the high focus that the EU-Africa Summit has placed on research capacity in Africa and strategic research partnerships between Africa and Europe. It will look in particular at African continental and Europe-Africa initiatives for research and innovation capacity building and will place special focus on how Africa research can be oriented towards resilience and poverty reduction.
The event will be jointly hosted by AAU, OBREAL Global and SARUA (The South African Regional Universities Association).
Presentation on EU investment and funding initiatives/capacity building for African research:
- Ms. Nienke Buisman, Head of Unit F.2 International Cooperation, Directorate General Research and Innovation, European Commission
Case studies from African universities:
- Association of Research Universities of Africa (ARUA) – TBC
- Professor Chomora Mikeka, Director of Science, Technology and Innovation in the Education Ministry of Malawi
- Dr. Marirajan Thiruppathi, DVC: Research and Innovation, UNICAF, Zambia
- Rosemary Wolson, Vice-President, Southern African Research and Innovation Management Association- SARIMA
Launch of the African Research, Innovation, and Development Network –
- Prof. Olusola Oyewole, Secretary General, AAU
Chair: Martin Oosthuizen, CEO, SARUA