The Global Observatory aims to create bridges among different regions of the world develop via multi-lateral research and cooperation projects and initiatives. During the last 14 years the Global Observatory has extended its outreach from Europe to Latin America, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, connecting important actors in diverse sectors in collaborative projects for development.
Its value proposition is to:
- promote dialogue and synergies between governmental, academic and social sectors, taking into account the specificities and heterogeneity of each region around the world;
- create cross-regional and truly global bridges for enhanced development in the higher education and research sectors specifically, via collaborative multi-regional projects.
The Global Observatory has a long experience in managing European Union (EU) funded projects in cooperation with lead research and teaching higher education institutions, higher education organisations and associations and other social and governmental partners. This has primarily entailed projects which have contributed to connecting higher education actors and institutions in diverse regions, contributing to regional integration as well as to economic and social development.
The Global Observatory works in concentric thematic circles to contribute to building global bridges for higher education and research enhancement. Thematically, this is divided into three pillars:
- Internationalisation, mobility and collaborative programmes
- Quality assurance and recognition tools and processes
- Research and innovation management
The Global Observatory is driven by a dynamic, multi-lingual, multi-cultural staff with competencies in project and grant management, communications, high education and research policy and international relations.